Tuesday, November 2, 2010

About the children










My view of my retirement is that it is a new chapter of my career which I am looking forward to with great excitement.  Whatever the reason for leaving a job, it always causes one to start to reflect and look back on what has been.  As I was packing my things, I carefully took down a small "Scherenschnitte" which is a German scissor-cut much like a silhouette, of some children prancing along in a line.  I was reminded that it was given to me by my colleagues when I left the school where I taught before I went on to be a principal.  I remember them telling me not to forget that it is always "about the children".  Looking back I think that was some great advice and I would like to think that I have always remembered that it IS about the children.  So simple, yet so profoundly important!!

No comments:

Post a Comment